Friday, December 31, 2010

Lessons from 2010

I generally view my life as a continuous flow of experiences and personal development. Sometimes I control my circumstances, and at other times I react to events beyond my control.

The New Year is an opportunity, albeit rather arbitrary, to look back over my recent life.

Here are a few things I learned about myself, or that were reinforced for me, during 2010:

  • I am capable of taking decisions and acting upon them.
  • I can undertake a large project and see it to fruition (NaNoWriMo).
  • I am realizing that I am increasingly known and appreciated within my professional community.
  • I have a much clearer idea of what I want to do with my life, both creatively and in terms of my personal mission.
  • I still react badly to extreme events beyond my control (the Carmel forest fire).
I have achieved many of the things I planned to do with my life in 2010. In the coming months, I intend to continue growing and developing in the same way. More writing, better use of my time, and focusing my professional efforts on the work I enjoy most and do best.

Happy 2011!

No comments: